Lecturer in Electrical
Dudley College of Technology is one of the most successful further education colleges in the UK, providing a wide range of education and training programmes across the West Midlands. With a Large estate centred on the Dudley and Brierley Hill Learning Quarters, it provides inspirational facilities, in which students can access world-leading technology at the forefront of Further Education. Graded ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in our most recent inspection in 2017, success rates for learners, across all programmes, are on or significantly above national benchmarks.
We require an experienced Electrical Installations Lecturer to deliver City and Guilds qualifications to learners from the ages of 16 to 19+ across Fulltime / Part time / Apprenticeships. The successful candidate will have:
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the Electrical Installation industry to include NVQ Level 3 Electrotechnical, 18th Edition and Inspection & Testing
- Ideally have a teaching qualification, e.g. PTTLS
- Experience of teaching and supporting young people
- A calm and flexible approach to dealing with challenging behaviour
- The ability to motivate our learners who may have become disaffected to achieve qualifications and fulfil their potential
- Good attention to detail essential for completion of paperwork and student folders
Closing date – 1st September 2022
A teaching qualification would be an advantage or a commitment to undertake this within the first year of employment is essential.
All successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure and barring service check and children and adults barred list checks where the applicant will be employed in a regulated activity.
Dudley College of Technology is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds, including disabled, and black and ethnic minority applicants.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.