Technician - Horticultural
We have a great opportunity based at our Shuttleworth campus for a Technician in Horticulture to become a key member of our Land and Environment department.
As a Technician in Horticulture, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Overseeing all practical areas across the horticulture provision with responsibility for Health and Safety and horticultural resource management.
- Providing technical support in workshop, classroom and practical working areas including the walled garden and agronomy.
- Preparing, maintaining and managing land based resources and facilities in particular those in the horticulture provision.
Our ideal candidates will have successful practical experience within horticulture and knowledge of current horticultural industry practices, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 3 qualification in horticultural specialism or equivalent land based qualification
- GCSE Maths and English Grade A – D or equivalent
- Willingness to undertake additional training
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on the 16th September 2022
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.