Technician - Art and Design (digital specialism)
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Technician - Art and Design to become a key member of our Art and Design department.
As a Technician - Art and Design, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Providing technical support in digital applications, equipment, hardware and software for teaching and learning, for students and staff in areas of Art and Design
- Liaising with Head and teaching staff for day to day operational duties
- Undertaking general duties in art and design curriculum areas that may not be digital based
Our ideal candidates will have knowledge of health and safety procedures and practices and knowledge of PC and Mac computers and associated equipment related to art and design practice, alongside the following qualifications:
- Have a level 2 literacy and numeracy qualification or willingness to work towards
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on the 7th September 2022
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.