Hospitality Support (LCC3485)
This role may require lone working
WHAT WE DO:
- The School of Travel Food and Drink are looking for a Hospitality Support team member. The college provides practical cookery/ bakery classes, that requires an organised and efficient person to support our tutors. We pride ourselves in the cleanliness of the department and overall stock control. The successful candidate will be a crucial part of the team, ensuring our students get the very best experience whilst at LCC. The ideal candidate will have a solution focused nature and be able to make suggests for alternative ingredients to the team. Ensuring that the department remains within its budgetary constraints. A background in catering with an understanding of HACCP and food safety is crucial.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- You will support the hospitality team in daily activities.
- You will provide a high level of customer service to all colleagues, students and external clients.
- You will deliver and retrieve resources and food trolleys for curriculum sessions.
- You will maintain the high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in all curriculum practical areas including kitchens, equipment and storage areas.
- You will receive, check and store deliveries following college procedures.
- You will complete administrative duties within the area including completion of monthly stocktakes.
- You will assist staff / students with technical and product support prior to and within practical sessions.
- You should hold Level 2 maths and English or willingness to achieve within 12 months.
- You should hold a relevant L2 qualification - food safety and health and safety.
- You should hold a relevant L2 qualification in a hospitality related subject.
- You should have experience of working within an educational catering environment.
- You should have experience of working positively with young people, external customers and delivering exceptional customer service.
- You should have experience of providing effective hygiene support, monitoring food safety and due diligence systems.
- You should have experience of collating and processing food orders and deliveries.
- You should have the ability to prioritise and work both independently and as part of a team to ensure the students and tutors receive the required resources in a timely manner.
- You should hold a wide commodity knowledge to be able to identify alternative products as required, to ensure the food costs remain at an acceptable level.
- You should have experience of collating, delivering and retrieving food and resources for curriculum delivery.
- You must have the ability to lift 19kg.
- You should have the ability to work effectively with a range of computer programs such as word, excel, PowerPoint, kitman and google platforms.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information regarding this role, you can contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.