Lecturer in Computing
We have a number of opportunities based across our Northamptonshire campuses for a Lecturer in Computing or Trainee Lecturer to become a key member of our Computing department.
As a Lecturer in Computing, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering and assessing subject specialisms on a range of courses and levels.
- Support and guide students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students' learning and provide a high-quality learning experience.
- Undertaking course administration as necessary.
- Contributing pro-actively to developments within the Programme Area regarding curriculum and innovative teaching.
- Participating in marketing and promotion activities for the Programme Area.
Our ideal candidates will have Ability to teach a range of computing concepts from Level 2 to Level 5 and should possess the following qualifications,
- Degree in a computing related topic or considerable work experience in the key subjects
- Recognised teaching qualification(Cert. Ed or equivalent) or willingness to start this in first year of teaching
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-C/9-4 or equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Terms and Conditions - Bedford College
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year, part time hours considered
- £26,000 - £32,640 per annum depending on experience and qualifications
- 45 days per annum (plus public holidays), pro rata for part-time
- Teachers Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
The Bedford College Group is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.