English Catch up Tutor
We have a two great opportunities based at our Bedford campus for a English Catch up Tutor to become a key member of our Maths and English department.
As a English Catch-up Tutor, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Providing English tutoring to a small group of students to address individual student gaps.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students’ learning and provide a high quality learning experience.
- Liaising with Additional Support and English and maths staff to identify new learners for the small group support
- Processing new referrals and timetable them for the small group sessions
- Recording attendance and learning for each session
Our ideal candidates will have knowledge of the current developments in own specialist area and/or recent experience of teaching and assessing on a range of programmes and levels, alongside the following qualifications:
- Relevant degree and/or level 5 qualification in English or working towards a degree in English
- GSCE Maths and English (grades A – C) or equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College - Fixed Term - End date: 30/06/2023
37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year, pro rata
35 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays, pro rata
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.