Lecturer in Art & Design
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Lecturer / Trainee Lecturer in Art and Design to become a key member of our Art and Design department.
This role is predominantly teaching on intermediate (Level 2) Art and Design. Will suit a practitioner from any Art and Design specialism confident in delivering the fundamentals of A&D practice.
As a Lecturer / Trainee Lecturer in Art and Design, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering, assessing and verifying subject specialisms, in particular general Art and Design at Level 2.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students’ learning and provide a high quality learning experience.
- Contributing pro-actively to developments in the Centre in curriculum development and innovative teaching.
- Participating in marketing and promotion activities to support a range of programmes and learning opportunities.
Our ideal candidates will have recent experience teaching a range of Art and Design theory and skills at different levels in FE, in particular at level 2 and knowledge of the current developments in own specialist area, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent professional qualifications in a related Art and Design subject specialism
- English and mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C
- Certificate in Education or equivalent or willingness to work towards.
No Teaching Qualification? No problem, with significant industry or subject knowledge, as part of your employment with The Bedford College Group, we will enrol you on one of our teacher training courses, through our extensive professional development offering.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College
- 14.8 hours per week (0.6 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 45 days per annum (plus public holidays), pro rata for part-time
- Teachers Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
- Salary and benefits will vary for offers where enrolment on a teacher training programme is required.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.