Associate Lecturer in Computing
Salary: Associate - (Unqualified) £20.50 per hour. (Qualified PGCE/Cert Ed or equivalent) £21.50 per hour
We have a great opportunity based at across our Northamptonshire campus for an Associate Lecturer in Computing to become a key member of our Computing department.
Tresham College, part of the Bedford College Group, has become a University Centre and the Department of Computing is expanding their Degree and HTQ provision. We have a number of opportunities across our Kettering, Corby and Wellingborough campuses for Associate Lecturers.
If you have significant industrial/commercial experience and would like to influence the next generation of professionals or if you are a recent graduate or post graduate and wish to share your knowledge and expertise this is an ideal opportunity. As an Associate Lecturer you can work 1 day a week up to 5 days a week dependant on what suits you.
As an Associate Lecturer in Computing, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering and assessing subject specialisms on a range of courses.
- Support and guide students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students' learning and provide a high-quality learning experience.
- Undertaking course administration as necessary.
- Contributing pro-actively to developments within the Programme Area regarding curriculum and innovative teaching.
Applicants with knowledge and experience in the areas of Architecture, Networks and Programming are actively encouraged to apply. Informal enquiries can be made to the Head of Department: Dr Pamela Watt email@example.com
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services
- between 7 and 37 hours per week
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
- Associates work on a short term basis as assigned. They teach or provide support services and they work with and are supported by core staff. As an Associate you will be issued with an Associate agreement, under this Agreement period you will be eligible to work on assignments offered to you.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
JDPS - Asssociate Lecturer-Computing (1).docx