Assessor/ IQA Training Coordinator - Carpentry
Location: Bedford and Corby
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford and Corby campus for a Assessor/ IQA Training Coordinator - Carpentry to become a key member of our Apprenticeships department.
As a Assessor/ IQA Training Coordinator - Carpentry, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Completing in depth, effective & accurate initial assessment of all learners on caseload and review progress against this initial assessment throughout the programme.
- Co-ordinating all aspects of the apprenticeship journey from end to end in the plumbing sector. Including, but not limited to, induction, delivery, assessment of progress and deployment of integrated programmes of competence-based training
- Providing coaching and mentoring support to learners to ensure the successful and timely completion of their apprenticeship standard/framework
- Assessing learners performance and progress against the awarding body’s standards
Our ideal candidates will have knowledge of recent developments in training, assessing and verifying and knowledge & understanding of standards associated to the role, alongside the following qualifications:
- Good all round level of education to include Maths and English to
- GCSE (Grade A – C) or equivalent level (level 2)
- A1 Assessor qualification or Training, Assessment and Quality Assurance (TAQA) Award
- Level 3 in the relevant sector area
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on the 21st September 2022
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
JDPS Training Coordinator Construction Carpentry.doc