Technician in Motor Vehicle
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Technician in Motor Vehicle to become a key member of our Motor Vehicle department.
As a Technician in Motor Vehicle, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Providing technical support to teaching staff and students in all areas.
- Ensuring that health and safety requirements are met when present in the workshop and teaching areas.
Our ideal candidates will have knowledge of health and safety procedures and practices and competence in checking resources and equipment for safe use, alongside the following qualifications:
- Have a minimum level 3 or equivalent relevant vocational qualification
- English and mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent or willingness to achieve English and mathematics Level 2 within one year
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
JDPS - Technician - Generic - May 2013.doc