Lead Safeguarding Officer
- Access to Additional Annual Leave
- Access to NUS/TOTUM Discount
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Annual Travel Passes Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted Car Parking, Servicing & Breakdown
- Discounted Days Out
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- Discounted Holidays & Hotels
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- Kia Car Scheme
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead Safeguarding Officer to join the Wellbeing team at all Nottingham College campuses, reporting in to the Head of Wellbeing.
We are looking for someone with experience of carrying out a substantial safeguarding role include dealing with a range of issues such as abuse, neglect, radicalisation, CSE and who has good, sound working knowledge of current safeguarding legislation, statutory and other related guidance.
The successful candidate will also have:
- A proven track record or working with complex issues of a difficult and sensitive nature
- An ability to analyse situations and recommend ways forward
- A knowledge of available safeguarding support services and referral routes
- Experience of planning and delivering activities across a diverse and multi-site organisation
- Experience of planning and delivering staff and student training
Excellent communication, negotiating, mediating and interpersonal skills and an ability to relate well to young people, parents/carers, colleagues and professionals will be key to success in this role as you will come into contact and work closely with these individuals.
In addition to this you will hold a Level 2 qualification in Maths and English and have completed safeguarding training to an appropriate level.
The post will be shortlisted against the essential and desirable criteria at application stage from the person specification. Please ensure that you have a look at this specification attached to the Role Profile and complete your application directly from this, providing clear evidence of how you meet each of the criteria detailed, as these specifications are an integral part of the selection process.
For further details on this post, which the job profile cannot answer for you, please contact Head of Wellbeing Rebecca Butcher via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 07973 871988.
Interviews will take place w/c 29th August 2022
Nottingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks including employer references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.