Teacher, Maths (Part Time) (Ref:LCC3444)
Part Time Hours: 22.2
WHAT WE DO
The School of Business Studies offers a wide range of study programmes and apprenticeship opportunities to both 16-18 and 19 learners who are looking to progress into higher education or pursue a career in management, finance, accountancy, law or human resources. Our course offers range from level 2 to Level 3 Extended programmes of study. The team have an extensive range of skills, knowledge and experience from specialist industry backgrounds which is invaluable to the teaching, learning and assessment process. Our curriculum is balanced with inspirational maths and English lessons, Group Tutorials & enrichment, which aims to promote a balanced approach to teaching and learning
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will plan, prepare and develop schemes of work, teaching and learning resources, learning and assessment plans including the development of online learning resources for identified modules
- You will deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners. You will create individual SMART learning targets linked to learner study programme/course.
- You will be responsible for recording student progress.
- You will maintain and update knowledge of the subject and/or vocational area. You will maintain and update knowledge of educational research to develop evidence-based practice.
- You will motivate and inspire students to achieve targets and develop their skills to enable progression.
- You will reflect on what works best in teaching and learning to meet the diverse needs of students.
- You will adapt curriculum delivery methods to maximise effectiveness, including the use of technology.
- You will carry out internal verification/moderation. You will deliver inspiring sessions across the curriculum using a wide range of teaching methods for identified modules.
- You will develop and employ effective assessment activities for identified modules.
- You will assess student work, provide constructive and timely feedback to motivate and inspire the learner to improve and record learners’ progress for identified modules.
- You will create SMART targets, record and monitor progress against them.
- You will Implement positive interventions where needed, for students undertaking identified modules.
- You will consider and employ the most effective delivery methods, including blended learning and technology-enhanced learning.
- You will Implement evidence-based strategies to ensure high levels of retention, achievement, success and attendance for identified cohorts. You will develop and strengthen relationships with learners and provide support to ensure successful outcomes.
- You will contribute to the marketing of courses, learner IAG and enrolment processes.
- You will participate in student recruitment activities, including interviews and open evenings.
- You will maintain and actively engage in quality and professional standards. You will participate, as appropriate, in the College’s examination process.
- You will ensure that effective Induction programmes are delivered for learners
- You should hold a Level 5 Teaching Qualification (e.g. Cert Ed, PGCE) or relevant highest level qualification or degree.
- You should have experience in teaching maths in an FE or school environment
- You should act with honesty and integrity to maintain high standards of ethics and professional standards.
- You should have managed and promoted restorative practice approaches and strong relationships.
- You should be a role model and promote a positive image of the college. You should embody the colleges' values: Collaborative; Inspiring; Passionate; Aspirational; Celebrate Individuality; Respectful. Comply with all legislative and regulatory requirements.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.