Teacher of Travel and Tourism (Fixed Term) (Ref:LCC3382)
Fixed Term Contract: July 2023
WHAT WE DO
The School of Travel, Food and Drink offers a wide range or study programmes and apprenticeship opportunities for learners aged 16-18 and 19 . Our study programmes range from Entry 3 to Level 3 covering both vocational and academic pathways. The team are extremely skilled and draw upon their industry knowledge and experience to support student development and achievement, ensuring their learning journey is inspiring and motivational
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will plan, prepare and develop schemes of work, session plans, teaching and learning resources, learning and assessment plans.
- You will deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners.
- You will create individual SMART learning targets linked to learner study programme/course.
- You will be responsible for recording student progress.
- You will maintain and update knowledge of the subject and/or vocational area.
- You will maintain and update knowledge of educational research to develop evidence-based practice.
- You will motivate and inspire students to achieve targets and develop their skills to enable progression.
- You will reflect on what works best in teaching and learning to meet the diverse needs of students.
- You will adapt curriculum delivery methods to maximise their effectiveness, including through the use of technology.
- You will carry out internal verification/moderation.
- You will plan, prepare and develop effective schemes of work, lesson plans, teaching and learning resources including the development of online learning resources for identified modules.
- You will deliver inspiring sessions across the curriculum using a wide range of teaching methods for identified modules.
- You will develop and employ effective assessment activities for identified modules.
- You will assess student work, provide constructive and timely feedback to motivate and inspire the learner to improve and record learners’ progress for identified modules.
- You will create SMART targets, record and monitor progress against them.
- You will implement positive interventions where needed, for students undertaking identified modules.
- You will apply theoretical understanding of effective practice in teaching, learning and assessment drawing on research and other evidence.
- You will consider and employ the most effective delivery methods, including blended learning and technology-enhanced learning.
- You will carry out internal verification duties in line with quality assurance processes.
- You will undertake review processes to develop and improve identified course(s).
- You will implement evidence-based strategies to ensure high levels of retention, achievement, success and attendance for identified cohorts. You will develop and strengthen relationships with learners and provide support to ensure successful outcomes.
- You will contribute to the marketing of courses, learner IAG and enrolment processes.
- You will participate in student recruitment activities, including interviews and open evenings.
- You will maintain and actively engage in quality and professional standards.
- You will participate, as appropriate, in the College’s examination process.
- You will ensure that effective Induction programmes are delivered for learners.
- You should hold a Level 5 Teaching Qualification (e.g. Cert Ed, PGCE) or willingness to work towards Relevant highest level vocational qualification or degree subject area
- You should have an ability to inspire, motivate and engage the next generation of Travel and Tourism students.
- You will act with honesty and integrity to maintain high standards of ethics and professional standards.
- You should be able to manage and promote restorative practice approaches and strong relationships.
- You will be a role model and promote a positive image of the college.
- You will rebody the college values: Collaborative; Inspiring; Passionate; Aspirational; Celebrate Individuality; Respectful.
- You will comply with all legislative and regulatory requirements.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.