Maths Teacher (Part Time) (Ref: LCC3338)
Leeds City College are recruiting for a GCSE Maths Teacher to work within our School of Hair, Beauty and Media Make Up. This role is part time, 18.5 hours per week.
We are seeking a talented and ambitious GCSE maths teacher to deliver the GCSE Maths curriculum to our vocational learners. The post holder will work closely with existing staff to cultivate and develop an environment where maths is embedded across our curriculum.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will effectively manage the delivery of creative, modern, active learning for each individual student within your class including appropriate support where necessary.
- You will rigorously monitor student attendance and punctuality and make appropriate interventions where necessary.
- You will deliver initial assessment and induction of learners and to ensure assessment procedures throughout the course inform the students of their current progress.
- You will ensure that teaching and learning environments maximise students outcomes and achievements, including success and retention. You will ensure your own personal development and continuously demonstrate a commitment towards further professional development including the application of new technologies and pedagogy to improve the effectiveness of teaching, learning and assessment materials and resources.
- Relevant up to date subject knowledge and recent GCSE maths delivery with a 16-19 cohort.
- Recent experience of delivery of GCSE maths in an FE setting.
- Experience of managing student progression and development
- Committed to Professional development.
- Committed to delivering outstanding performance and teaching and learning.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.