Dental Nursing Trainer / Assessor
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Salary: £28,410 - £30,136 per annum
Location: Wakefield and district / client premises
We have an exciting opportunity for a Trainer / Assessor in Dental Nursing to join our Apprenticeships & Commercial Training team. This opportunity will allow you to pass on your dental nursing experience, knowledge and skills in order to help support apprentices in improving their own skills and attributes.
As a Trainer / Assessor in Dental Nursing, you will deliver high quality training to individuals and groups and assess learners in their place of work and College to meet National Occupational Standards within the sector.
We are looking for a qualified dental nursing professional who has practical experience within the dental industry. You should also be enthusiastic about working with young people, adults and employers and have the ability to motivate students to help them achieve their goals.
As a Trainer / Assessor in Dental Nursing, you should:
- Be qualified within Dental Nursing and registered with the General Dental Council
- Hold NEBDN qualification in one or more of the following – Dental Radiography Oral Health Education, Orthodontic Nursing.
- Hold D32/D33, TAQA or A1 Assessors award or currently undertaking or willing to undertake this qualification
- Level 3 teaching qualification or willing to undertake
- Have GCSE A*- C / 9 - 4 in English and Maths or equivalent
- Hold a Full Driving Licence and own transport/or access to transport
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to motivate students
- Current practical experience within vocational area
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- The ability to work with employers to grow business
For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification above.
See what we have to offer and come and join us….
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: Thursday 25 August 2022
Interview date: Friday 2 September 2022
DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY, NO AGENCY CV’s
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.