Programme Manager (Ref:LCC3493)
WHAT WE DO
The school of hair ,beauty & media make up is a vibrant and inspiring dept. We are looking for a Programme Manager to manage the team and activities for Student Development & Progression. Responsibilities - Course leader ,Teachers, Teaching facilitators, Trainers, assessors, instructors and other teaching staff. We are looking for an inspiring, motivated individual who can lead and manage the teams. Coaching tutors maths & English tutors
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will manage activities and strategies to ensure the high retention, achievement, success and attendance rates for identified courses are reached.
- You will deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners.
- You will manage the planning, preparation and development of schemes of work, lesson plans, teaching and learning resources and assessment plans.
- You will manage the process of creation of individual SMART learning targets linked to learner study programme/course to ensure groups of learners are on track to achieve their potential.
- You will manage the recording of student progress and to ensure that individual and group learner targets are being met.
- You will lead activities to ensure effective planning, preparation & development of schemes of work, lesson plans, teaching & learning resources including the development of on-line learning resources for identified courses is being undertaken.
- You will ensure effective delivery of sessions across the curriculum using a wide range of teaching methods, for identified courses.
- You will lead and manage the development & employment of assessment activities for identified courses.
- You will lead and manage the assessment of student work, feedback to help learners improve & record learner’s progress for identified courses.
- You will lead and manage the creation of targets, recording & monitoring of progress against them. Implement interventions where needed for identified courses.
- You will lead and manage quality assurance processes.
- You will inform the review process to develop & improve identified course(s). 13. Be responsible for the retention, achievement, success & attendance for identified courses.
- you will build positive relationships with learners & provide support to ensure successful outcomes.
- You will contribute to the marketing of courses, learner IAG & enrolment processes.
- You will participate in student recruitment activities, including interviews and open evenings.
- You will participate, as appropriate, in the College’s examination process.
- You will conduct first stage student disciplinaries.
- You will ensure that effective Induction programmes are in place for learners.
- Programme Managers may also be required to teach as part of the role.
- You should hold a L5 Teaching Qualification (e.g. Cert Ed, PGCE)
- You should have relevant highest level vocational qualification or degree in teaching subject.
- You should have English and Maths at Level 2 or above and a willingness to improve in one or both disciplines to level 3 or above
- You should have relevant up to date subject knowledge and recent delivery in the Further Education or school sector. experience and Knowledge
- You should have extensive experience, knowledge and skills to enable delivery of a range of levels across the curriculum, which demonstrates active learning and differentiated teaching styles.
- You should have experience of positively managing student and group progression, advice and guidance in a school or Further Education setting, with positive outcomes
- You should have experience of supervising/managing staff to ensure high performance
- You should have substantial experience of undertaking internal verification and moderation activities
- You should have a proven commitment to continuous professional development Skills and Competencies Essential
- You should have the ability to plan and deliver quality teaching across identified cohorts and ensure consistency of high delivery within teams
- You should have the ability to lead activities in the development and delivery of strategies to improve retention, achievement, success and attendance rates for groups of learners
- You should have effective management skills to ensure high performance from a range of individuals
- You should have exceptional verbal /written communication and interpersonal skills
- You should have the ability to provide productive insight into the review process and development of identified courses
- You should have excellent organisational skills, to ensure deadlines are met and progress in achieving results from learners and team members.
- You should have the ability to make sense of complex issues, identify and solve problems and to think on one’s feet.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.