Job Profile document
35 Hours per week, term-time only (0.926 FTE) Permanent
We are one of the largest partners of the University of the Highlands and Islands, a partnership of 13 colleges and research institutions comprising Scotland's newest university.
As the UK’s leading tertiary education provider, we deliver both further education and higher education courses and that makes us different from traditional institutions. Through an innovative approach to learning and some of the best online learning technologies, we offer our students the complete learner journey, where they have choice and flexibility to study from access level right through to PhD.
UHI Inverness is at the heart of the community. Working closely with businesses and stakeholders, our curriculum and research capacity is designed to meet the ever-evolving needs of industry and support the strengths and ambitions of the region. Through a personalised approach, we help our students discover their right path, providing them with a combination of qualification and job-ready skills to succeed in the workplace. UHI Inverness has locations at Inverness Campus and also the Scottish School of Forestry (Balloch), a growing hub for research, innovation and enterprise set within a 215 acre site.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, dedicated member of staff to work with us as a Kitchen Porter on a permanent basis.
We are seeking an enthusiastic team player to work within our Hospitality department.
- To maintain a clean, safe, and hygienic working environment within the kitchens at Inverness College Campus.
- To carry out cleaning of all kitchen areas and equipment to a high standard.
- To support the receipt and storage of deliveries.
- To keep all kitchen areas in a clean, hygienic, and tidy state at all times.
- To provide a friendly, efficient and hygienic service to all customers.
- To follow and complete daily / weekly /monthly kitchen cleaning task list.
- To comply with COSHH regulations.
- To support receipt, checking, and storage of deliveries.
- To support basic food preparation as and when required.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work within a team
- Flexible approach to work
- Positive attitude to work
- Ability to work on own initiative
Please note: the successful post holder will need to pass a satisfactory PVG Scheme check through Disclosure Scotland prior to commencing employment.
Application Closing Date: 12pm, Friday 19th August 2022.
Shortlisting will take place on Friday 19th August 2022.
Interviews: Friday 26th August 2022.
If you have any queries about the application process please contact the Human Resources Department on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01463 273210