21 hours per week (0.6 FTE), 2-Year Fixed Term Contract
We are one of the largest partners of the University of the Highlands and Islands, a partnership of 13 colleges and research institutions comprising Scotland’s newest university.
As the UK’s leading tertiary education provider, we deliver both further education and higher education courses and that makes us different from traditional institutions. Through an innovative approach to learning and some of the best online learning technologies, we offer our students the complete learner journey, where they have choice and flexibility to study from access level right through to PhD.
UHI Inverness is at the heart of the community. Working closely with businesses and stakeholders, our curriculum and research capacity is designed to meet the ever-evolving needs of industry and support the strengths and ambitions of the region. Through a personalised approach, we help our students discover their right path, providing them with a combination of qualification and job-ready skills to succeed in the workplace. UHI Inverness has locations at Inverness Campus and also the Scottish School of Forestry (Balloch), a growing hub for research, innovation and enterprise set within a 215-acre site.
We are seeking a candidate for a 2-year fixed term position as Researcher (Entrepreneurial), to work as part of the Centre for Living Sustainability team to allow for capacity building and succession planning for CREATE. This role would provide an important link between research and impact utilising the links and opportunities that CREATE presents.
This is a fixed term contract to carry out the following:
- Create research capacity in entrepreneurship and community-driven research across UHI Inverness and with UHI and community partners.
- Build the link between research and the CREATE suite of projects to support and work with small and medium sized enterprises. This will include supporting delivery of the CREATE suite of entrepreneurial projects across UHI.
- Build research capacity in entrepreneurship, business and community-driven research across UHI Inverness.
- Develop capacity to create and evidence impact in our research and KE work with SMEs across the Highlands and Islands.
- Work on innovation funding applications with SMEs to support the local and regional economy.
- Develop research dissemination and communications in this area.
- Support the Director and Research Development Facilitator in ongoing running of the CLS.
Please note, the successful candidate will be subject to a PVG Disclosure Scotland and other background checks.
Application Closing Date: 21/09/22
Shortlisting will take place on 22/09/22
Interviews will be held week commencing 29/09/22
If you have any queries about the application process please contact the Human Resources Department on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01463 273210.