Teacher of Science, 14+ Academies (Part time) (LCC3375)
Part time, 22.2 hours per week
WHAT WE DO
This is an exciting opportunity to join Leeds City College as a Teacher of Science in our outstanding 14+ Academies (14+ Apprenticeship Academy and 14+ PTECH Academy). We are seeking a dynamic, talented and passionate individual to undertake this role, starting September 2022.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Plan, prepare and develop schemes of work, session plans, teaching and learning resources, learning and assessment plans.
- Update, reflect and maintain the 14+ Academies tracking systems continuously, allowing you to recognise the need for interventions and subsequently putting them in place.
- Work within the 14+ Academies ethos and culture as well as using relevant tools and concepts such as the effort descriptors and APLs (Academy Progress Levels).
- Set targets with individual learners to assist in their academic or development progress, including at Personal Progress Days and the writing of Parent/Carer reports.
- Experience and knowledge of supporting young people both academically and developmentally, including those aged 14-16.
- Recent teaching delivery in relevant subject areas (PGCE teaching placements/experience would also qualify here) which demonstrates outstanding practice.
- Experience of positively managing learner academic progress in an education setting, including those aged 14-16.
- Ability to work positively and effectively as a member of a team and on own initiative.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact Emily Connolly
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.