Lead Teacher of Science (LCC3376)
WHAT WE DO
This is an exciting opportunity to join Leeds City College as the Lead Teacher of Science in our outstanding 14+ Academies (14+ Apprenticeship Academy and 14+ PTECH Academy). We are seeking a dynamic, talented and passionate individual to undertake this role, starting September 2022.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide strong leadership to the Science curriculum area so teaching and learning consistently meets standards.
- Lead on the development and implementation of strategies to develop all aspects of teaching, learning and assessment, especially in the subject of Science.
- Ensure that all young people make at least good progress and that ambitious targets for student performance are met and tracked and accountability for the learning, progress and achievement of Science for 14+ Academies students.
- Be inventive, determined and persistent when implementing student focused interventions in order to help progress learners in meeting and/or exceeding targets.
- Continue to develop an innovative and progressive curriculum in Science lessons which is positive, engaging and student focused – including cross-curricular links.
- Experience and knowledge of supporting young people both academically and developmentally, including those aged 14-16.
- Recent teaching delivery in relevant subject areas (PGCE teaching placements/experience would also qualify here) which demonstrates outstanding practice.
- Experience of positively managing learner academic progress in an education setting, including those aged 14-16.
- Ability to work positively and effectively as a member of a team and on own initiative.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact Niki McKenna
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.