Teacher, Level 3 (LCC3530)
WHAT WE DO
- The Events, Enterprise and Employability Department at Leeds City College is a vibrant area with an exceptional and successful reputation for offering a ‘learning by doing’ curriculum.
- Our outstanding department is full of energy and passionate about what we do.
- We are seeking an outstanding experienced practitioner to plan, deliver and support our courses and staff members.
- We offer a wide range of Level 3 courses and work with different awarding organisations.
- Our current Level 3 course topics include; Customer Service, Business and Enterprise, Business, Innovations, Sustainability and Growth Projects and Personal Development
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will support learner development, progression and achievement and work with the Deputy Head to design a robust and ambitious curriculum at Level 3.
- Your key responsibilities will include: Plan, prepare and develop schemes of work, session plans, teaching and learning resources, learning and assessment plans.
- You will deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners.
- You will create individual SMART learning targets linked to a learner study programme/course.
- You will be responsible for recording student progress.
- You will motivate and inspire students to achieve targets and develop their skills to enable progression.
- You will maintain and update knowledge of the subject and / or vocational area.
- You will adapt curriculum delivery methods to maximise their effectiveness, including through the use of technology.
- Our staff are highly skilled educationalists with strong industry links and knowledge.
- Both specialist academic teachers and pastoral support staff ensure that each of our learners are provided with an exceptional journey with outcomes that echo this.
- With our guidance and support, the learners grow in self-confidence and gain the skills they need to pursue further study or to start a successful career.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.