Sixth Form Lecturer Sociology (Part time) (LCC3532)
Part Time 2 days per week
WHAT WE DO
- Leeds Sixth Form College prides itself on its students’ journeys to success.
- It is driven by hard work and the strong belief that every student has the capacity to excel, regardless of their background.
- Leeds Sixth Form College offers a range of A level subjects and is committed to providing an exceptional experience, with outcomes to match.
- We are looking for an outstanding candidate to teach Sociology.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners.
- You will be responsible for recording student progress, motivating and inspiring students to achieve targets and develop their skills to enable progression.
- You will reflect on what works best in teaching and learning to meet the diverse needs of students.
- You will adapt curriculum delivery methods to maximize their effectiveness, including through the use of technology.
- You will plan, prepare and develop effective schemes of work, lesson plans, teaching and learning resources including the development of online learning resources for identified modules.
- You will deliver inspiring sessions across the curriculum using a wide range of teaching methods for identified modules.
- You will develop and employ effective assessment activities for identified modules.
- You will assess student work, provide constructive and timely feedback to motivate and inspire the learner to improve and record learners’ progress for identified modules.
- You should hold an Honours Degree in Sociology or a relevant subject.
- You should have relevant experience in teaching these to 16-18 year-olds up to level 3.
- You will also hold or be working towards a recognised teaching qualification.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.