Lead Student Safety and Relations Officer (LSSRO) (Fixed Term) (LCC3519)
Fixed Term contract until July 2024
WHAT WE DO
Leeds Sixth Form College prides itself on its students’ journeys to success. It is driven by hard work and the strong belief that every student has the capacity to excel, regardless of their background. Leeds Sixth Form College offers a range of A level and vocational Sport and Applied Science subjects and is committed to providing an exceptional experience, with outcomes to match.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will welcome learners into college, identifying issues and concerns as soon as practicable.
- You will monitor students ensuring compliance with College rules and policies, submitting incident reports as required to promote a positive professional Campus culture.
- You will provide general management of student behaviours and readiness to learn outside the classroom environment, including badge checking and dress code compliance.
- You will act as a role model, encouraging students to want to develop self-awareness, independence and individuality and helping them to reach their full potential.
- You will maximise attendance and punctuality rates of learners against college/department targets and developing strategies to minimise internal absenteeism.
- You will generate learner interest in cross college clubs, sport, cultural and social activities.
- You will contribute to appropriate informal learning and pastoral curriculum themes.
- You will work closely with curriculum teams to ensure clear and consistent messages are being given.
- You will be a safe contact for students.
- You will liaise with relevant external agencies to support the health, safety and wellbeing of students.
- You will praise and celebrate student achievement.
- You will develop a presence in the Park Lane Campus/College including classrooms and library.
- You will lead or support extracurricular activity where appropriate.
- You will monitor the external building and take appropriate action to ensure this space is safe.
- You will line manage a team of Student Safety and Relations Officer's (SSRO's).
- You should have English and Maths at Level 2 or a willingness to work towards these.
- You should hold a level 2 youth work, teaching or coaching qualification or willingness to work towards this.
- You should hold a level 3 Coaching or mentoring qualification or willingness to work towards this.
- You should have experience of managing a team.
- You should have experience of working with young people in an education or community setting.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.