School Liaison Manager (Fixed Term) (LUM194)
Fixed Term Contract until November 2023 (Maternity Cover)
This role may require lone working, travel across the North and West Yorkshire region, evening working and occasional weekends
WHAT WE DO
Luminate Education Group are seeking a highly motivated, passionate and innovative School Liaison Manager. The School Liaison team work with primary and secondary schools to promote the Luminate Education Group offer, engaging and inspiring students in all age groups about decisions for their future. You will manage an innovative and supportive team who love making a difference to young people’s lives in the local community. There are great benefits to this role including a substantial holiday allowance, as well as bank holidays, time off at Christmas and a generous pension. There are also flexible working options, including working from home days and time off in lieu. We encourage Continuous Professional Development and progression opportunities within the department. You will also have the opportunity to partake in staff wellbeing days and the chance to collaborate with college wide projects, such as wellbeing, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion and Eco initiatives. You will join a fast growing and exciting department and share our brand values: INSPIRING, PASSIONATE, COLLABORATIVE, ASPIRATIONAL, CELEBRATORY and RESPECTFUL.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will report to the Head of Student Recruitment, your role will involve line managing the School Liaison Coordinator - the School Liaison coordinator will line manage the School Liaison Project Executives and Officers.
- You will lead, develop and manage the school liaison team, building a skilled, knowledgeable and confident team who will promote the opportunities within the Luminate Education Group to potential students and a wide range of stakeholders.
- You will ensure that professional and innovating events run throughout the academic year to increase engagement and raise aspirations of students, led by the School Liaison Project Executives.
- You will ensure that the School Liaison Officers meet targets and objectives to increase applications from 16-18 year olds from schools across the region.
- You will work alongside the Head of Department to contribute to the business planning, performance review responsibilities and the strategic planning for the department and assist with the response to the annual operating plans.
- You will contribute to locally-led 14-19 strategic partnership work to support schools to meet their statutory responsibilities, to develop young people’s vocational awareness around progression pathways within the Luminate Education Group into work, higher education and apprenticeships, including promoting technical qualifications.
- You will coordinate and oversee the Leeds cross city Moving On project (supporting potential NEET students), working closely with the local authority, schools and post 16 education and training providers to plan and deliver activities which support progression for 16 and 17 year olds.
- You will analyse and evaluate data from events to ensure team targets and objectives are met and that report content is current and fit for purpose for the year ahead.
- You will deliver and plan regular team training sessions to motivate staff, share best practice and identify skills gaps.
- You will attend recruitment events, such as college open days.
- The role includes planning, delegating, target setting, monitoring and reviewing
- Your role will cover all aspects of the Luminate Group, including Leeds City College, Leeds Sixth Form College, Keighley College and Harrogate College.
- Cross college working is important in delivering the best standard of events for prospective students.
- You will communicate effectively and professionally with our Student Recruitment and Customer Experience department, as well as alongside wider teams within the college, including the Marketing department and curriculum.
- The role may include travel across the North and West Yorkshire region, evening working and occasional weekends.
- Access to a car is essential due to travelling commitments.
- You should have experience of managing a successful team, including performance management, leadership and staff development.
- You should have good general education, with youth work/careers/teaching qualification desirable and willingness to work towards L3 IAG.
- You should have experience of working with students, particularly ages 13-17.
- You should have experience of working with stakeholders, such as schools, parents and external support agencies.
- You should have knowledge of barriers to learning and ways to overcome them, particularly with disaffected young people.
- You should have excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- You should have experience of analysing data effectively.
- You should have a good standard of computer literacy, including Microsoft Office applications and google applications.
- You should demonstrate commitment to Luminate Education Group’s support and promotion of Equality and Diversity.
- You should be committed to child protection and the promotion of a safe environment for children and young people to learn in.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.