Teacher, Maths (LCC3539)
WHAT WE DO
- We are looking to recruit an experienced, innovative and enthusiastic Maths teacher to join our maths team within the School of Health, Science and Social Care.
- The team delivers GCSE & FS Maths to both 16-18 & adult learners who are enrolled on a study programme or a full time Health, Science & Social Care course.
- We are based at our new campus at Quarry Hill situated in the centre of Leeds, opposite the bus station.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will design, implement and maintain schemes of learning.
- You will facilitate quality teaching, learning and assessment.
- You will liaise with the department Course Leader, teachers and trainers to provide a student-centred curriculum.
- You will monitor and track students progress, achievement and attendance.
- You will support learners in preparation for the workplace or their chosen next step.
- You will work closely with the Study Support Coaches to identify learners who need extra support and small group support.
- You will work within the Maths team taking direction from the CL and collaborating with the team to develop a robust GCSE & FS Maths curriculum.
- You should have a recognised teaching qualification and experience of delivering maths GCSE & Functional Skills in an FE setting.
- You should have the ability to use a variety of teaching and learning strategies to facilitate learners' progress and support their areas for development.
- You should have experience of setting targets for students and have strategies and the skills to help students achieve their potential.
- You should have enthusiasm and resilience.
Interviews will be taking place on Friday 26th August 2022
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.