0.8 Programme Manager – Health and Science
About Morley College London
Established in 1889, and with our roots stretching back even further, Morley College London is one of the country's oldest and largest specialist providers of adult education. We provide long-term, sustainable and affordable programmes of lifelong learning across three centres – North Kensington, Chelsea and Waterloo – including 16-19 provision at North Kensington and Chelsea.
As one of only nine Specialist Designated Institutions (SDIs) in the UK, we serve more than 17,000 students through a coherent, student-centred course offer, underpinned by our mission to empower individuals and strengthen communities through education in Arts, Culture and Applied Sciences. Whether studying for personal development and well-being, to gain essential skills (English, Maths, IT), to access higher education, or for career development or change, our vision is for ambitions to be inspired and achieved through learning.
Following Morley College’s merger with Kensington and Chelsea College in February 2020, the College is reshaping its curriculum and professional service teams to facilitate an ambitious plan for development and growth. As the UK looks to a post-COVID recovery, Morley College London is more determined than ever before to support Londoners to learn, and so we’re looking for applications from talented individuals with energy and enthusiasm.
About the role
It’s an exciting time to join Morley College as we are looking for Programme Manager – Health and Science to join the Humanities and Applied Science School.
The successful post will be responsible for the leadership and co-ordination of accredited and non-accredited courses across all levels of provision, advising the students, quality assurance, and the management of lecturers and other departmental resources. You will also be responsible for leading the programme area’s curriculum development, with new course development and approval by the awarding organisation. As well as develop a very successful suite of science related Access to HE Diplomas to promote student progression to higher education.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Relevant subject specific qualification and/or expertise at degree level or above, such as DTLLS /PGCE / Cert Ed/ Level 5 Diploma in Education & Training or equivalent.
- Enthusiasm for the subject taught with up to date subject knowledge and understanding of relevant pedagogical development in the teaching of STEM subjects.
- Proven experience of leading Access to HE programmes and HE programmes.
- A good understanding of quality assurance, current quality frameworks and commitment to customer care, with the ability to deliver quality improvement and an excellent learner experience.
- Experience of curriculum development with the ability to develop the programme to increase market share.
If you are a highly motivated individual with previous experience working within FE, to deliver high quality teaching and learning on our science and health programmes please apply we would love you to join the team.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please see the information below:
Closing date: 19th August 2022 at 10.00 am
Interview date: TBC
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.