Apprentice HR Administrator
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Salary: £13,177 (16-20 years of age)
£17,711 (21+ years of age)
£18,328 (23+ years of age)
Duration: Fixed term contract for up to 2 years.
Location: Based at the Wakefield City Campus
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice HR Administrator to join our HR Team at Wakefield College, which is part of the Heart of Yorkshire Education Group. You will be part of a dedicated focussed team who are responsible for ensuring the service that is delivered meets the business needs of all Colleges within the Group.
This apprenticeship is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to gain a grounding in professional administration work and particularly within the profession of Human Resources. During the apprenticeship, you will follow a development programme, which will give you a broad range of varied experience across all areas of HR including payroll, recruitment, learning and development and employee relations.
We are looking for someone who has good literacy and numeracy skills, who is an excellent communicator and with a good eye for detail. You will also be a strong team player and eager to learn and develop new skills.
This role will involve:
- Inputting data for payroll claims and expenses, contractual changes and running reports, ensuring our payroll deadlines and transmission dates are always met.
- Preparing contractual documentation for employees and new colleagues.
- Uploading vacancies onto the College website, including updating social media including Facebook.
- Supporting Learning and Development activities within the College.
- Supporting notetaking or audio typing for the Employee Relations team.
As an Apprentice HR Administrator, you should:
- Hold GCSE grade A*- C / 9 – 4 in English or equivalent
- Hold GCSE grade A* - C / 9 – 4 in Maths or equivalent
- Have a commitment to undertake the apprenticeship training to gain a level 2 qualification in Administration.
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills
- High levels of accuracy
- A commitment to providing a quality service
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification above.
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: Wednesday 31 August 2022
Direct applicants only – no agency CV or referrals.
The Heart of Yorkshire Education Group is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.