ilearn Mentor (Reduced Year) (LCC3523)
Reduced year: 40 weeks
WHAT WE DO
- We are the Independent Learning team for Leeds City College.
- As a team we are here to support students to develop their independent learning skills and achieve personal goals.
- We are looking for someone to join our team as a mentor who plays an integral role in delivering in session and 121 sessions to students.
- We are looking for someone who has the experience and the ability to connect with students and provide the best possible service to support their learning and become independent.
- The impact of the mentors on campus at the moment is paramount in supporting students, coaching tutors, teachers and curriculums.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will plan, tailor and deliver sessions in class to students of all abilities to support their studies and development.
- You will support and deliver 121 sessions to students to develop their independent skills.
- You will differentiate the offer of ilearn to curriculums and research and develop your understanding by engaging with the curriculum teams.
- You will engage and promote our offer to all departments involved to signpost students to get the best support available.
- You will be supporting our strategy for growth by consistently reporting and reviewing the progress of sessions and performance.
- You will review processes and make recommendations for process improvement, making the best use of IT and online systems.
- You should have an ability to communicate and engage with students and curriculum staff at all levels, ensuring relationships are enhanced and collaborative experiences and opportunities are realised.
- You should have knowledge and extensive experience of skills building in a student or using all medians. e.g. Outlook.
- You should have knowledge and experience with Google applications eg. Docs, Slides and Sheets.
- You should have experience of working with colleagues in a cross-departmental / multi-disciplinary delivery role.
- You should have experience in influencing and supporting students to achieve the best by stretching and challenging by reviewing progress and achieving improved outcomes.
- You should have the ability to use your own initiative and feedback to improve performance and success of our sessions on a 121 basis and in class.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.