College Sports Coach
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Location: Wakefield Campus
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Sports Coach to join our team for the upcoming academic year. As a College Sports Coach, you will organise and develop the inter college sports provision. You will lead the coaching of the men’s and women’s college football and oversee other college competitive sports including Rugby League.
You will build effective partnerships with National Governing Bodies, the local county sports partnership and community sports providers and clubs, to widen the offer to all students.
As a College Sports Coach, you should have:
- A degree in Sport or related discipline
- Minimum Level 2 coaching qualification in football
- GCSE A* C / 9 – 4 in English and Maths or equivalent
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of working with 16 – 21 year olds in a coaching capacity
- Experience of sports development activities
- Relevant work experience
- Be able to represent the College in a professional manner with external agencies and stakeholders
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for and would like to join us please click ‘Apply’ now, we’d love to hear from you.
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities
- Good Pension Scheme
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
For further details please refer to the job description and person specification
Closing date: Monday 15 August 2022
Interview date: Monday 22 August 2022
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.