Lecturer/Trainee Lecturer in Sport
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Lecturer / Trainee Lecturer in Sport to become a key member of our Sport, Public Service and Travel department.
As a Lecturer / Trainee Lecturer in Sport, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering and assessing subject specialisms on a range of courses and levels.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students’ learning and provide a high-quality learning experience.
- Undertaking course administration as necessary.
- Contributing pro-actively to developments within the Programme Area regarding curriculum and innovative teaching.
- Participating in marketing and promotion activities for the Programme Area.
Our ideal candidates will have successful experience of providing training, assessing and/or education to young people and/or adultsand recent experience of working in the Sport industries, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree in Sport or a related subject
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
- Certificate in Education or equivalent or willingness to work towards
No Teaching Qualification? No problem, with significant industry or subject knowledge, as part of your employment with The Bedford College Group, we will enrol you on one of our teacher training courses, through our extensive professional development offering.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 45 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Teachers Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
- Salary and benefits will vary for offers where enrolment on a teacher training programme is required.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on the 5th September 2022
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.