Systems Officer / Trainer
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Location: Based at the Wakefield City Campus but required to work across campus sites.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Officer / Trainer to join our Business Systems team as the current post-holder has been promoted. You will be part of a small, focussed team, who is responsible for ensuring the College’s systems are reliable, effective, and relevant to the business needs of the College.
As a Systems Officer / Trainer, you will use your technical expertise and business process knowledge, to support the implementation of the College’s Business System Strategy. You will be responsible for supporting, administering, and developing a variety of College business systems and applications, as well as training users in their effective operation.
You will also provide assistance with the implementation of systems as and when required.
This role will involve:
- Providing assistance, analysis and advice to staff with regard to College business systems.
- Developing applications and systems ensuring they meet the College’s business needs.
- Supporting the continuing development of existing systems and the implementation of new systems by designing, facilitating and delivering training for users of College business systems by providing information, demonstrations, drop-in sessions, online materials and user guides.
- Provide assistance and support to staff and students with regard to use of the College’s VLE and associated eLearning technology
As a Systems Officer / Trainer, you should:
- Ideally be qualified to Degree level in a Business or IT related subject
- Hold GCSE grade A*- C / 9 – 4 in English and Maths or equivalent
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of delivering training
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL/Oracle SQL/MySQL
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: Monday 15 August 2022
Interview date: To be confirmed
For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.