Assistant HR Business Partner
- Access to Additional Annual Leave
- Access to NUS/TOTUM Discount
- Employee Assistance Helpline
664 Nuthall Road, Basford, Nottingham, NG8 6AQ
111 Canal Street, Nottingham, NG1 7HB
Ruddington Fields Business Park, Ruddington, Nottingham, NG11 6JZ
Nottingham (with a requirement for regular presence on all college sites)
Salary CIRCA £28,000
Nottingham College is a truly amazing place to work, the College works to inspire the next generation to reach their full potential. A College with a strong vision to make a real difference to the lives of our learners and key stakeholders. Nottingham college is one of the largest further education and higher education colleges in the UK we're based in the city of Nottingham.
We are looking for an Assistant Human Resources Business Partner to come in our HR team at a really exciting time. We have lots to do to deliver our people strategy, the team are on the verge of creating and delivering some amazing things; and this role is key for us to be able to deliver results within the team and across the College.
Highly driven, passionate and proactive, you’ll have experience of managing disciplinary and grievance cases, managing absence, TUPE, establishment, recruitment, restructures and change programmes, whilst acting as the first point of call for leaders who want support in dealing with their people matters. You’ll support on all listening groups, building engagement across your areas and looking to ensure every colleague can thrive in role.
- To provide a full HR account management support for your business area, including job evaluation and pay benchmarking.
- To provide advice, to coach and support managers with HR casework and restructuring activity across the College.
- To conduct investigations, interviewing witnesses and producing investigation reports. To ensure all cases are managed within a 4-week window, working proactively with leaders to manage the process, quickly and efficiently.
- Provide monthly monitoring reports for the Head of Human Resources and senior managers and to undertake an annual analysis of all case management in partnership with the HR Officer – Systems and Data.
- To take a proactive support role of managers and leaders to ensure the People agenda is met alongside the overarching College strategy
- To assist managers and leaders to work with all colleagues to build and develop high performing teams, using 121s, PDRs and performance reviews to ensure every colleague can thrive and develop in the College
- Understand the needs of all areas of the College to ensure you can address the challenges and ensure recruitment is not a blocker to achievement
- Drive the right culture in the organisation, supporting leaders to ensure they create the right environment so colleagues can thrive
- Feed into the HRBPs ensuring we have the right capability within the organisation by understanding current and future needs
Candidates will have proven experience within a busy HR Role, managing a high volume of work, possibly an Advisor, looking to take that next step into an Assistant Business Partner role and will be Level 5 CIPD qualified.
You’ll be driven to make things better, a self-starter, truly committed to creating a truly engaging place to work for all colleagues.
In return you will get some exceptional holiday leave (35 days), CPD days where you can focus on your development an LGPS pension and various other benefits. But more importantly we will invest in you, if you want to work towards a qualification or undertake a level 7 apprenticeship, we will support you. We truly want you to thrive at work and enjoy the difference you can make.
If you want to talk about the role, happy to discuss; James Woodthorpe, Debbie Hinbest
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.