Teacher of Recognising and Rewarding Progress and Achievement (RARPA) (Ref:LCC3503)
WHAT WE DO
Foundation Studies provides bespoke learning for students who are identified as SEND and High Needs. We take a student-centred approach to delivery so that students make the best possible progress towards EHCP outcomes, personal targets and the development of English and maths. We provide a welcoming and supportive environment in order to best support learners through their chosen pathways (Work Skills, Life Skills, Supported Internships) for their preparation into adulthood. Foundation Studies offers English and Maths at levels to suit all learners literacy and numeracy stages.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Contribute to, implement and maintain schemes of learning for Non-accredited English and Maths .
- Provide quality teaching, learning and assessment.
- Liaise with the department CL and trainers to provide a student-centred Maths and English curriculum.
- Support learners in preparation for adulthood in English, Maths and vocational settings.
- Facilitate students in working towards English, Maths, EHCP and personal targets.
- Monitor and track students progress, achievement and attendance.
- Experience in working with SEND and high needs learners.
- Knowledge of the RARPA Framework .
- Ability to use a variety of teaching and learning strategies to facilitate learners' progress and support their areas for development .
- You will work within the English and Maths team as well as the wider team taking direction from the CL and tutors to develop a robust curriculum
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.