Learning Mentor x4, Part Time (Reduced Year), 14+ Academies (LCC3432)
Part time, 35 hours per week
Reduced Year, 40 weeks per year
WHAT WE DO
This is an exciting opportunity to join Leeds City College as a Learning Mentor in our outstanding 14+ Academies (14+ Apprenticeship Academy and 14+ PTECH Academy). We are seeking a dynamic, talented and passionate individual to undertake this role, starting September 2022.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Put in place interventions for whole groups or individual learners to help and support learners both academically and developmentally, often in conjunction with the relevant Head of Year.
- Set targets with individual learners to assist in their academic or development progress, including at Personal Progress Days and the writing of Parent/Carer reports.
- Work within the 14+ Academies ethos and culture as well as using relevant tools and concepts such as the effort descriptors and APLs (Academy Progress Levels).
- Update, reflect and maintain the 14+ Academies tracking systems continuously, allowing you to recognise the need for interventions and subsequently putting them in place.
You will have:
- Experience and knowledge of supporting young people both academically and developmentally, including those aged 14-16.
- Experience and knowledge in delivering and supporting young people on a 1-1 basis.
- The ability to form meaningful and impactful relationships quickly.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.