Food Service Assistant (x3) (LUM173)
3 Roles Available
Term time only
27.5 hours per week (Monday - Friday 08.00 - 14.00) - Mabgate Campus
25 Hours per week (Monday - Friday 09.45-15.00) - Mabgate Campus
25 hours per week (Monday - Friday 09.00-14.00) – North Street Campus
WHAT WE DO
The food services and catering department are at the heart of the student experience and it is our shared aim that we provide an environment that creates a better future through inspirational actions that will change lives. The values that guide us as a team are, trust, integrity, compassion, fairness and inclusion and these values guide us throughout our working day. The catering department is a fast paced, hard working environment but one that is underpinned by optimism and fun.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Ensure the customers are given a prompt and efficient service
- Have good knowledge of the food items we sell
- To assist the Chef Manager in food preparation.
- Stock & clean the vending machines.
- Use of an EPOS till.
- Maintain the highest levels of cleanliness and hygiene in all areas of the café and cooking areas, including washing up and cleaning of equipment.
- Ensure food safety requirements are adhered to at all times and all due diligence records are completed accurately.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment preferable within the hospitality trade
- Previous experience of working within a refectory / canteen / food outlet
- Ability to follow food hygiene systems and monitor due diligence records
- Experience in using a till and dealing with cash and credit cards
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and customers
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.