Computer Games Teacher 0.6 FTE x2 (LCC3347)
Part -Time, 22.6 hours per week
WHAT WE DO
The Digital Arts team at Leeds City College delivers courses in Computer Games, Animation and Esports to over 400 students between the ages of 16 and 19. We deliver a varied curriculum, aimed at teaching technical and academic skills to students in preparation for higher education.
There is also a strong focus on developing the learners in terms of their soft skills, helping them to grow as people as part of their journey towards employment. All staff are involved in devising the curriculum in response to academic regulations and industry needs, as well as delivering and assessing coursework.
We work closely as a team, responding in a flexible way to the challenges of each day, with a strong emphasis on mutual support. All staff are dedicated to the continuing evolution of the courses, keeping themselves up to date on developments in the worlds of education and industry.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Prepare teaching materials for classes, in accordance with departmental Schemes of Learning.
• Deliver taught classes to student groups, with clear intentions and well defined outcomes.
• Manage student behaviour and wellbeing both in the classroom environment and in the department in general.
• Evaluate students work and provide timely, constructive feedback.
• Take part in activities relating to recruitment of students (open evenings, interviews etc)
• Be an active member of staff teams, contributing to curriculum development, course reviews and the week to week running of the department.
• Participate in personal development, working to develop your own professional knowledge and skillset.
We are looking for someone to teach art skills to digital learners. This might include skills in:
• Unreal and/or Unity, Coding Understanding of Networking/ Cyber Security Software Development/Web Development.
• Graphic design and image manipulation.
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.