Deputy Head of Department, Music and Performance Production (LCC3486)
This is an opportunity to join our experienced and passionate team based at the Quarry Hill Campus at Leeds City College, part of the Luminate Education Group. The department of Music and Performance Production has more than 500 learners, predominantly 16-18 years old, studying Musical Theatre, Music Production, Dance, Music, Theatre Design and Production, and Acting.
The state of the art campus opened in September 2019, and is home to fantastic facilities including the 180 seat Chroma-Q theatre; 5 dance studios; 2 recording studios; TV production facilities; screening room; practice rooms; and Theatre Design workshops. We are looking for committed, creative and innovative colleagues who are excited by the possibilities that working in our team will offer.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead the departments' Quality Procedures Line manage the 4 Programme Managers for Performing Arts, Music, and Theatre Design and Production.
- Work alongside the department leadership team to plan and deliver a grade 1 department.
- Deputise for the Assistant Principal with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct student disciplinary meetings. Be part of our Quarry Hill family.
- A background in a relevant Creative Arts discipline.
- Significant experience in the further education sector.
- Focus on quality of education.
- Committed to providing opportunities for students to grow, develop and succeed.
- Good people management skills.
- Interest in developing new courses and opportunities within the Creative Arts Sector.
- Experience of working with external stakeholders such as qualification boards, arts organisations and funding bodies.
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.