Programme Manager, Creative Media (LCC3483)
The Creative Media team at Leeds City College delivers courses TV&Film, Media and Journalism students, largely between the ages of 14 and 19. We deliver a varied curriculum, aimed at teaching technical and academic skills to progress students towards higher education, employment or apprenticeships.
There is a strong focus on developing the learners in terms of their soft skills, helping them to grow as people as part of their journey towards employment. All staff are involved in devising the curriculum in response to academic regulations and industry needs, as well as delivering and assessing coursework.
We work closely as a team, responding in a flexible way to the challenges of each day, with a strong emphasis on mutual support. All staff are dedicated to the continuing evolution of the courses, keeping themselves up to date on developments in the worlds of education and industry.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Support the learning of around 170 learners on Level 1, 2 and 3 creative media courses, ensuring outstanding attendance, achievement and retention.
- Lead activities to ensure outstanding teaching.
- Ensure Quality processes are implemented and high standards maintained.
- Lead and manage target-setting and monitoring of student progress.
- Lead on pastoral care and support for students.
- Manage our media staff team, setting targets and appraising staff members.
- Build positive relationships with students and staff using restorative practices.
- Deliver outstanding teaching on one or more of the media courses.
- Knowledge and experience of working within the Further Education sector.
- Management experience in a teaching environment.
- An understanding of the current Education Inspection Framework (EIF).
- The ability to lead a team to create exciting and dynamic courses.
- Excellent understanding of the safeguarding processes.
- Be an excellent practitioner within the delivery of Creative Media.
- Demonstrate a passion for new and innovative ideas around curriculum development.
For more information about the role please contact:
Sarah Robinson Head of Creative Media and Digital Arts firstname.lastname@example.org
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.