Group Head of Apprenticeships
We have a great opportunity based at Bedfordshire or Northamptonshire campuses for a Group Head of Apprenticeships to become a key member of our Apprenticeships department.
TBCG Apprenticeship Provision, one of the largest FE college's nationally, is delivered at Group level across the wider SEMLEP region. Our aim is to be the No 1 Apprenticeship provider in the country offering employers and apprentices an unforgettable and unique experience, characterised by academic and vocational excellence, outstanding learning experiences and successful progression and career pathway opportunities. We are looking for a leader who shares this vision and who understands what constitutes an outstanding apprentice experience, apprenticeship funding methodologies, able to lead teams effectively to meet employer and apprentice needs, is a strong people manager and who has the credibility to continue to improve the reputation of The Bedford College Group’s Apprenticeship provision within the local and regional educational context.
As a Group Head of Apprenticeships, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Leading, managing and developing and promoting The Apprenticeships Provision effectively in line with the College’s strategic and executive operational plans.
- Developing and delivering an ambitious vision for The Apprenticeships Provision through inspiring and empowering staff and students to achieve outstanding outcomes.
- Improving continuously the standard of teaching and learning and apprentice outcomes through rigorous performance management and effective professional development.
- Planning and managing effectively apprenticeship programmes to meet the current and future needs and interests of learners, employers, partners and other stakeholders within the local community.
Our ideal candidates will have significant successful recent experience of leadership of Apprenticeship provision and experience of managing quality systems to enhance learning of students evidenced by learner outcomes, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree, or equivalent
- Teaching qualification at Cert Ed/PGCE or equivalent
- Evidence of recent professional development
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 35 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Teachers Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
- Salary and benefits will vary for offers where enrolment on a teacher training programme is required.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on 31st August 2022
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.