Lecturer in Health
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Lecturer / Trainee Lecturer in Health to become a key member of our Care, Childcare and Counselling department.
As a Lecturer / Trainee Lecturer in Health, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering, assessing and verifying on a range of Health and T Level qualifications.
- Working alongside employers (including the NHS) in establishing and maintaining vocationally relevant placement opportunities and experiences for all students.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students’ learning and provide a high quality learning experience.
- Contributing pro-actively to developments in the Department in curriculum development and innovative teaching.
- Participating in marketing and promotion activities to support a range of programmes and learning opportunities.
- Keeping CPD in industry knowledge up to date.
Our ideal candidates will have working or have worked within the Health (clinical) sector and knowledge of the current developments in own specialist area., alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 4 (and above) qualifications in Health (clinical pathways) sector related studies
- Clinical experience in the Health sector
- Willingness to work towards the Certificate in Education qualification
- English and mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent or willingness to achieve English and mathematics Level 2 within one year
- Evidence of recent sector updating
No Teaching Qualification? No problem, with significant industry or subject knowledge, as part of your employment with The Bedford College Group, we will enrol you on one of our teacher training courses, through our extensive professional development offering.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year, part time and Associate hours considered
- 45 days per annum (plus public holidays), pro rata for part-time
- Teachers Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
- Salary and benefits will vary for offers where enrolment on a teacher training programme is required.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on the 15th August 2022
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.