Senior Trainer - Engineering
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Senior Trainer - Engineering to become a key member of our Apprenticeships department.
As a Senior Trainer - Engineering, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Supporting apprentices in the work place and college setting, enabling them to develop the relevant skills, knowledge and core competencies that will lead to the successful completion of their apprenticeship
- Ensuring that apprentice progress is tracked robustly through each stage of their programme, mapping across all components of their framework or standard, using the OneFile eportfolio system.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with employers and classroom-based tutors to ensure regular communication about apprentice performance and progress.
- Delivering a range of Engineering topics - with a specific focus of Welding, Bench Fitting, Engineering Principles and Engineering Materials
Our ideal candidates will have experience of working in the relevant vocational industry and experience of teaching and training groups of learners/apprentices, alongside the following qualifications:
- A qualification at level 3 or above in the relevant vocational subject specialism
- Certificate in Education or equivalent
- English and Mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent.
- TAQA L3 or equivalent qualification or be willing to work towards
- TAQA L4 or equivalent qualification or be willing to work towards
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College
- 27.75 hours per week (0.75 FTE) / 52 weeks per year. Full time will also be considered
- 35 days per annum (plus public holidays), pro rata for part-time
- Hybrid working model with IT equipment provided
- Teachers Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on the 30th August 2022
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.