Learning Support Assistant - Lunchtime cover, SEND/PMLD X6, Part time (Reduced Year) (Ref:LCC3468)
Part time, 10 hours per week
Reduced Year, 39 weeks per year
WHAT WE DO
Leeds City College is the main education provider for post-16 students within the Leeds City region. This role requires an experienced SEND practitioner to support through a matrix management approach across Luminate FE colleges for the placement and support of students with Educational Health Care Plans. Additionally, make a contribution towards positive outcomes for disadvantaged and vulnerable students.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Be involved in planning and preparation and assessment of learning as part of the course team.
- Provide lunchtime support to meet identified needs of students who have high needs.
- Provide curriculum teachers/assessors and Learning Support team members with verbal and written reports on students who have high needs or SEN.
- Assist with emergency evacuation plans and practices, and helping with all emergency evacuations.
- Attend team meetings and staff development sessions as required.
- Keep accurate and timely records, recording progress and strategies used, as required and have any other duties as determined by the line manager.
- Assist with personal care requirements if necessary.
- Support the department to provide outstanding and robust support to SEND learners in order to meet individual needs as outlined in their EHCP.
- Attend meetings as and when required Contribute towards audit and compliance of evidence required for all aspects of SEND support Engage in CPD and training in order to develop pedagogical knowledge within your own specialist area.
- Maintain and update knowledge of the subject/professional area and co-operate in any staff development activities required to effectively carry out the duties of the post and to participate in review and development schemes.
- Comply with college safeguarding procedures, including the promotion of the welfare of children and vulnerable adults studying at the college and commitment to the college child protection policy.
- Comply with all college policies and procedures.
- Reflect on and maintain knowledge of educational/professional research to develop evidence-based practice.
- Act with honesty and integrity to maintain high standards of ethics and professional standards and manage and promote restorative practice approaches and the strengthening of relationships.
- Comply with all legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Promote a positive image of the college and embody the college values.
- Have any other duties commensurate with the level of the post, which may be required from time to time.
- English and Mathematics at Level 2 or above and a willingness to improve in one or both disciplines to level 3 or above.
- Minimum L2 Award for Learning Support Practitioners Qualification or appropriate level 2 qualification or willingness to enrol to this within one year of appointment.
- Relevant recognised professional attainments.
- Experience of working in a team in an educational setting and experience of working with students who have high needs or SEN to support their learning through identifying strategies and preparing young people for adulthood.
- Relevant experience, knowledge and understanding of working in the Sector and experience of working positively with young people and adults.
- Understanding of the Disability Discrimination Act is desirable.
- Ability to assist with personal care provision including requirements of wheelchair users.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.