Lecturer in Foundation (Maths Focus)
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Lecturer in Foundation (Maths Focus) to become a key member of our Foundation department.
As a Lecturer in Foundation, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering, assessing and verifying subject specialisms on a range of courses for students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities from milestone 5 to Entry 3.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students’ learning and provide a high quality learning experience.
- Contributing pro-actively to developments in the Centre in curriculum development and innovative teaching.
- Participating in marketing and promotion activities to support a range of programmes and learning opportunities.
- Delivering and leading on maths within the department
Our ideal candidates will have experience of teaching students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities and recent experience of teaching and assessing on a range programmes and levels, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree and/or vocational training at an equivalent level in a relevant subject
- Willingness to achieve Certificate in Education or equivalent in line with the Statutory Instrument
- Willingness to achieve Assessor/Verifier qualifications
- GSCE Maths and English (grades A – C) or equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Terms and Conditions - Bedford College
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- £26,000 - £32,640 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience
- 45 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Teachers Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
- Salary and benefits will vary for offers where enrolment on the L5 Teaching Apprenticeship is required.
The Bedford College Group is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on the 1st August 2022
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.