Accounting and Finance Lecturer
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Lecturer in Accounting and Financial Services who is able to contribute to the successful delivery of the BA (Hons) Accounting and Financial Services and also contribute to the development of the wider business and accounting portfolio.
As Lecturer, you will be responsible for the teaching of a range of modules within the discipline. You will be an enthusiastic and friendly professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills coupled with a commitment to providing an excellent student experience. The successful candidate will ideally possess a professional accounting qualification from one of the major accounting bodies (ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CIPFA, AAT) or a Master’s degree in a related discipline and will be expected to undertake a range of teaching, course management and student support duties across our growing accounting, finance and business provision. We are looking for someone with the drive and ambition to contribute to the growth of the faculty, the ability to engage local and regional employers and the commitment to support our students to achieve their potential. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to develop their academic career in a small and friendly environment and to make a genuine impact upon the lives of our students and their families.
- Good honours degree in a relevant discipline
- 2 years industry experience
- Professional accounting qualification and/or Masters qualification in a related discipline.
- A recognised teaching qualification (or willingness to train for this and achieve within 2
- Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy or willingness to seek recognition within 2 years.
- Experience of teaching Higher Education courses and/or professional accounting
- Experience of partnership activities and employer engagement activities.
- Track record as an effective and innovative teacher.
- Good understanding of student needs and a track record of developing and delivering high quality outcomes for students.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the curriculum specialism including professional links.
- Evidence of providing a high-quality learning experience including effective use of learning technologies in delivery and design.
- Experience of raising recruitment, retention and achievement rates of students.
Susan Holden Assistant Principal says “UCO prides itself on the welcoming and supportive environment we provide for our students. This year UCO’s NSS satisfaction score was higher than all other Greater Manchester FE colleges and 12.5 per cent above the HE sector average. We’re delighted to see such high satisfaction levels confirming the fantastic academic experience and support our staff provide across all courses. Learners gave UCO scores of 90 per cent and above on a range of questions about the opportunities, help, inspiration, challenge and advice they get. We are a small and dedicated team, with every member of staff playing an important role in the success of our students. If you are looking to develop your career in a supportive environment which strives for excellence in all that we do, then we would welcome your application”.
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, our colleagues have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon and The Grange Theatre
Oldham College is a great career choice for ambitious professionals. With a “good” Ofsted rating, one of the best apprenticeship programmes in the region, excellent 16-18 results and truly outstanding GCSE English results, we are already a high performer. But we want to deliver much more than this. Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work” and we have a clear Strategic Plan which sets out what this means and what we will do to deliver it. We will keep on improving and innovating, and we are investing in new provision, new facilities and new technology.
We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet.
If you want to be outstanding, and want to help us achieve the same thing, then please apply.
The successful candidate will have a proven record in inspirational teaching at HE level and have a demonstrable commitment to teaching and learning excellence.
Further details including a Person Specification are included within the attached Job Description.
The role will require you to embed and work to the college’s values; working with Integrity, having Ambition to help our learners succeed and being Inclusive to learners and colleagues alike.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.