Programme Tutor - Science and Access to HE
Due to expansion, we are looking for a highly motivated individual with previous experience working within FE, to deliver high quality teaching and learning on our science and health programmes.
In this role, you will:
- Deliver innovative and stimulating teaching, learning and assessment to enable your students to achieve high grades.
- Facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- Design and deliver a flexible and relevant range of provision including theory, practical and blended learning sessions.
- Be an outstanding teacher and role model
- Teach to a high standard and demonstrate the relevant skills to teach truly outstanding practical and theory lessons and innovative on-line resources
- Contribute to students achieving high grades
- Be the progress tutor providing pastoral support.
- Work with colleagues to create provision that excites and stimulates demand
- Be able to deliver to current industry standards, relating this to working methods and practices found in your industry today.
- Nurture a culture of professional development that is integrated seamlessly in everyday practice.
- Drive Oldham Colleges vision and expectations to have a significant impact on students’ life chances
Deborah Allen, Head of Faculty for Caring Professions says “This is an exciting opportunity for ambitious, forward thinking, professional with a strong background in health or social care to join the Faculty of Caring Professions. You will be a part of a team of experienced technical and professional staff, delivering a diverse curriculum that provides our learners a clear progression route into Apprenticeships, higher levels of study, or into the job market. We have enhanced our curriculum offer in 22/23 with the introduction of additional T levels, and also a larger adult offer. As a Programme Tutor you will be at the forefront of developing and delivering inspirational and ambitious lesson content and demonstrating your passion for education, and high expectations of learners”.
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, our colleagues have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days throughout the year
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon
Oldham College is a great career choice for ambitious professionals. With a “good” Ofsted rating, one of the best apprenticeship programmes in the region, excellent 16-18 results and truly outstanding GCSE English results, we are already a high performer.
But we want to deliver much more than this. Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work” and we have a clear Strategic Plan which sets out what this means and what we will do to deliver it. We will keep on improving and innovating, and we are investing in new provision, new facilities, and new technology; including our state-of-the-art clinical simulation suite.
Oldham College is a medium sized general further education college, with a turnover of almost £25m. It has one main campus in the centre of town, and this in the third phases of a £40m redevelopment which began in 2012. Higher education is taught on a second, dedicated campus, a short walk away. The College delivers a full range of work-related education and training, including 16-18 programmes of study, T levels, apprenticeships, adult learning and higher education. It has over 5000 full-time students and 600 undergraduates.
The College is in the top quartile for 16-18 programmes of study and English GCSE resits, and in apprenticeship provision, but is the second highest performing provider Greater Manchester. The quality of its higher education provision is better than many established universities.
We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet.
The role will require you to embed and work to the college’s values; working with Integrity, having Ambition to help our learners succeed and being Inclusive to learners and colleagues alike.
Further details including a Person Specification are included within the attached Job Description.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.