Senior Communications Officer
We will be reviewing and interviewing candidates as and when we receive applications, therefore please apply as soon as possible as this vacancy may close before the end date advertised.
WHAT WE DO
An exciting role has arisen for a passionate Senior Communications Officer to join our team at Luminate Education Group. Our team is made up of internal and external communications professionals and we are a part of the wider Marketing department. You will be working with a collection of FE colleges, each has it's own successful identity which is recognised locally.
We are looking for someone who loves using creative communications to develop meaningful engagements with internal and external stakeholders.
We offer a generous support package which includes 27 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays and additional time off between the Christmas and New year. We offer a generous pension scheme with the employer contributing up to 17.3% plus other great benefits. We are able to offer hybrid and flexible working within this role.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work closely with the Communications Manager to develop and implement communications strategies for Luminate Education Group, as well as the FE and HE brands.
- Provide advice and guidance on the most appropriate communications methods and solutions.
- Implement and lead on reporting and analysis for all communications campaigns and activities across internal, external and social media. This includes setting KPIs and identifying effective measurement tools and platforms.
- Establishing and overseeing processes for the entire communications team, providing strategic guidance to individual team members to ensure the delivery of outstanding results.
- Line manage a team of internal and external communications professionals.
- Previous experience of managing a team and coordinating regular 121s and appraisals.
- Extensive knowledge of corporate and consumer communications.
- Experience in preparing to manage, evaluating and detailed reporting on communications activities.
- Experience in PR planning and forecasting.
- Awareness of how the political landscape regionally and nationally can impact communications.
- Outstanding written and verbal skills.
- Experience in audience/stakeholder mapping exercises.
The actual job title for this role is Communications Lead
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information or an informal chat before applying for this role, please contact Laura Cavanagh - Head of Communications on firstname.lastname@example.org
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.