Technician - Engineering
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Technician in Engineering to become a key member of our Engineering department.
As a Technician, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Providing technical support to teaching staff and students within Engineering
- Ensuring that health and safety requirements are met in the laboratories and teaching areas.
- Operating and maintaining practical equipment across a range of subjects
Our ideal candidates will have knowledge of health and safety procedures and practices, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 3 relevant vocational qualification in General, Electrical/Electronic or Mechanical engineering
- English and mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent or willingness to achieve English and mathematics Level 2 within one year
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on the 26th July 2022.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.