Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering (TBCG135764)
We have a great opportunity based at our Corby campus for a Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering to become a key member of our Engineering department.
As a Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Teaching and developing a range of Mechanical Engineering subjects to include Mechanical Principles and CAD. Levels 2 through to 5, for full time and HE engineering learners.
- Having knowledge and experience of Machining (manual/CNC), Bench Fitting, and Maintenance (PLC, Fluid Power) is desirable.
- Preparing, delivering, assessing and verifying subject specialisms on a range of courses (Level 2 – Level 5).
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students’ learning and provide a high-quality learning experience.
- Contributing pro-actively to developments in the Centre in curriculum development and innovative teaching.
- Participating in marketing and promotion activities to support a range of programmes and learning opportunities.
- Supporting the Head of Department and other Course managers in the management of all courses within the Department of Engineering.
Our ideal candidates will have the ability to teach Mechanical Engineering subjects to include Mechanical Principles and CAD and ability to teach on a variety of Engineering pathways from Level 2 – Level 5., alongside the following qualifications:
- Batchelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering or above in a relevant Engineering discipline or equivalent industrial experience.
- Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training or equivalent or willingness to achieve.
- English and mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent or willingness to achieve English and mathematics Level 2 within one year
No Teaching Qualification? No problem, with significant industry or subject knowledge, as part of your employment with The Bedford College Group, we will enrol you on one of our teacher training courses, through our extensive professional development offering.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 45 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Teachers Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
- Salary and benefits will vary for offers where enrolment on a teacher training programme is required.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.