Electrical Apprentice Technician
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Apprentice Technician to become a key member of our Construction and Building Services department.
As a Apprentice Technician, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Providing support and assistance to Lecturers, trainers and Instructors in all work and assessment areas.
- Maintaining workshops/work area facilities and ensure serviceability and security of tools and equipment, and ensure Health and Safety requirements are met.
Our ideal candidates will have knowledge of UK industry trades and current practices and knowledge of safe working practices, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 2 electrotechnical qualification.
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-C (or)
- Willingness to achieve Literacy and Numeracy Level 2 or equivalent
- Willingness to work towards a First Aid qualification if not already held
- To undertake an industry recognise apprenticeship
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Terms and Conditions - Bedford College Professional Services.
The apprentice technician role will require the individual to undertake a level 3 Electrical apprenticeship
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- £18,329 per annum
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
The Bedford College Group is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.