College Support Administrator - Construction
35 Hours (1 FTE), Fixed term contract, flexible
Job share will be considered
We are one of the largest partners of the University of the Highlands and Islands, a partnership of 13 colleges and research institutions comprising Scotland’s newest university.
As the UK’s leading tertiary education provider, we deliver both further education and higher education courses and that makes us different from traditional institutions. Through an innovative approach to learning and some of the best online learning technologies, we offer our students the complete learner journey, where they have choice and flexibility to study from access level right through to PhD.
UHI Inverness is at the heart of the community. Working closely with businesses and stakeholders, our curriculum and research capacity is designed to meet the ever-evolving needs of industry and support the strengths and ambitions of the region. Through a personalised approach, we help our students discover their right path, providing them with a combination of qualification and job-ready skills to succeed in the workplace. Inverness College UHI has locations at Inverness Campus and also the Scottish School of Forestry (Balloch), a growing hub for research, innovation and enterprise set within a 215 acre site.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, dedicated member of staff to work with us as a College Support Administrator on a Fixed Term basis until June 2023.
Job share will be considered for this role.
We are seeking a suitably skilled and qualified Administrator to work within our Central Administration Team and to support the Schools of Construction and Engineering Technology.
- Effective administration and information service for the UHI Inverness
- Provide administration support to the Schools of Construction and Engineering Technology.
- Experience of an office environment which has included the processing of correspondence, reports and managing diaries
- A working knowledge of the student life cycle and its impact on the academic calendar and relevant work loads
- Experience of providing administrative support to committees including the managing of agenda’s, papers, minutes and recording minutes as required and disseminating in a timely manner
- Experience of working with Microsoft Office 2010
Please note: the successful post holder will need to pass a satisfactory PVG Scheme check through Disclosure Scotland prior to commencing employment.
Application Closing Date: 31st July 2022
Shortlisting will take place on 3rd August 2022
Interview date: 8th or 9th August 2022
If you have any queries about the application process please contact the Human Resources Department on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01463 273210.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.